reOptimize uses 'Google Cloud Billing Exports to BigQuery'. Billing export to Google BigQuery enables you to export your daily usage and cost data automatically throughout the day to a BigQuery dataset you specify.
To enable billing export to BigQuery:
- Go to the Cloud Platform Console.
- Open the left side menu and select Billing Billing
- If you have more than one billing account, select the name of the account you're interested in.
- Click Billing export.
- Select BigQuery export.
- From the Project list, select the project where your BigQuery dataset is stored. If you don’t have a BigQuery dataset created yet, you’ll be prompted to create one.
If necessary, to create a new dataset:
- In the BigQuery web UI, click the down arrow icon next to your project name, then click Create new dataset.
- Specify the Dataset ID, Data location as 'US, and Data expiration as 'Never' for your dataset, then click OK.
In the console, from the Billing export dataset list, specify a dataset to export data to. If you just created a dataset, choose the name of your new dataset.
Click Enable BigQuery export.
Note, after you enable BigQuery export, it might take a few hours to start seeing your data.